This award was created by Joe at Lighthouse Devotions “to honor authors (bloggers) whose presence on the web serve as a shining light for Christ and His Gospel of salvation.” The reason behind this award is what makes being nominated for it all that much sweeter.
My whole reason for blogging is to point others to the saving love of Jesus, no matter where they are in life, what they’ve done, or what’s been done to them—God is love (see 1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16), which is why Jesus died for us, even though we’re sinners (See Romans 5:8). It’s not because of anything we have done or can do, so that no one can boast, but because that’s who He is—He is full of love, grace, and mercy (see Ephesians 2:4-9) . God wanted us to be able to come into His presence and spend eternity with Him in heaven when we die (see Romans 5:21 and Romans 6:23).
What three words would you use to describe your blog?
This was difficult, and I thought, at first, it should be: calling, redemption, and grace. But then I thought maybe it should be: Jesus, heart, salvation… I don’t know—what three words do you think best describe my blog?
In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
By living a life worthy of our calling, loving and serving others, and pointing others to Christ by being a daily example of the life-changing effect God’s saving grace can have on each of us.
What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
“14Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God without blemish though you live in a crooked and perverse society, in which you shine as lights in the world.”
What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
I had a hard time deciding on just one, so you get two 😉
This is “We Are” by Kari Jobe, a local (Dallas) celebrity:
This one’s “Into The Light” by Matthew West:
Here are my nominees, in no particular order:
1. Joni at https://grieftolife.com/home/ — a young mother of two who lost her husband in a fatal car accident, shares her story of pain and loss as she holds onto Jesus’ hand for strength and direction. She is truly inspiring.
2. Karen at https://possesshispromises.com — as one miraculously healed by the Lord from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, her mission is to point others to Jesus, which she does by sharing Scripture, insights, and her experiences.
3. Ron at https://ronwhited.wordpress.com — his thought-provoking and informative posts are a great source of “encouragement, instruction, and information about all things related to the Church” and it is certainly true.
4. Anna at https://avoicereclaimed.com and https://alawyersprayers.com — is a lawyer whose well-written and well-researched posts address some sensitive topics (child abuse, social issues, etc) in such touching, inspirational, and eye-opening ways that always point back to the Lord.
5. Matthew at https://jesusluvsall.wordpress.com — shares his insights as he interacts with and befriends people from all over the world (and shares Jesus with them) as an ESL teacher. He also writes some great short stories using characters from the Bible on his https://encounterswiththeancients.com website.
6. Stu at https://stubaby777.wordpress.com —as a recovering addict, Stu shares his struggles and encourages others to give it all to Jesus, highlighting the Lord’s love, grace, forgiveness, and ability to help us start over as new creatures in Christ, all the while warning the unsuspecting of the dangerous effects of porn.
7. Tosin at https://aletheasmind.wordpress.com — helps us focus on things “true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious” through her uplifting posts as she searches for answers and wisdom, all the time pointing back to the ultimate Truth of Scripture.
8. Hannah at https://barefootinaholler.com — in her own words, her blog is “a combination of a prayer journal, my walk with Jesus as a wife, mother, and friend with honesty straight from the heart” and has some really beautiful and heartfelt devotions.
9. Cynthia at https://tearsinabottle.wordpress.com — her beautifully penned and vulnerable posts about her recovery and healing from her husband’s porn addiction speak volumes of the power of Christ in a person’s life and minister encouragement and hope to anyone recovering from any type of betrayal or trauma.
10. Jonathan at https://jonathancamac.wordpress.com — has some really powerful and in-depth posts on the Bible and every day applications from the topics he’s discussing.
11. Savannah at https://rejoicinginhope1212.wordpress.com — has some really upbeat, encouraging messages that just shine with her joy and love for Jesus.
12. Brenda at https://becominghistapestry.com — lives life to the full in the joy of the Lord and her upbeat posts strengthen others in their walk with Christ so they too can live and enjoy the abundant life.
13. Efua at https://graceoverpain.com — has such a heart for Christ and she challenges us so gracefully and clearly in her thought-provoking posts to put Christ first and foremost in our lives.
There are so many great blogs out there that deserve highlighting and honoring with this award, but of course, some of them have already received it and have nominated others who are worthy too, so I didn’t want to double-up if I could help it.
Should You Accept, Here Are The Rules:
- Save and add one of the award images on your blog. (Here is the link for the award post with images and rules of award.)
- Create a page/post to mention the award nomination and thank the person/blog that nominated you. Make sure you provide a link to their site.
- Give credit to the creator of the award (Lighthouse Devotions) and provide a link to the site as well. (http://www.Lighthousedevotions.blog)
- List the rules.
- Answer the next four questions on the same post:
- What three words would you use to describe your blog?
- In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
- What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
- What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
- Nominate 7 or more people/blogs to receive the award. Briefly explain why you think they should receive it and provide a link to their sites.
- Contact them and let them know that you nominated them.
- Provide them with a link to the Rules page.
- Say a prayer thanking God for His light and ask that He continue to shine it through you and your blog.
- Keep shining the light of Christ wherever you go and in whatever you do!
© 2018, Mia Manumit, https://calledtobeawriter.wordpress.com